We recently partnered with The Village of Hanover Park to offer a new, holistic workshop for the entrepreneurs and small business owners in the area. The Hanover Park Small Business Workshop and Resource Fair, held on Tuesday, July 19th, offered our guests one-on-one mentoring with experts in different industries, like access to capital, insurance, marketing, and business plan development.
We brought together thirteen community resources that serve the small business owners of the Hanover Park area. We want to send a big thank you to the following organizations for participating:
- Metra – Disadvantage Business Enterprise
- Women’s Business Development Center
- Schaumburg Township Library
- Bartlett Area Chamber of Commerce
- Cook County Bureau of Economic Development
- Hanover Park Education and Work Center
- NorthWest Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- SCORE Chicago
- Elgin Community College SBDC
- Harper College SBDC
Accion’s mission is to revitalize communities from within through entrepreneurship, and we were honored to partner with the Village of Hanover Park to bring this event to fruition. Overall, we had more than 80 people in the room—an amazing turn out—and we’re already looking forward to next year!
We couldn’t’ have pulled this event off without the sponsorships of Hanover Park Community Bank and First Eagle Bank—thank you! We couldn’t do our work without your support and partnership!