The Loan Officer position is a salaried, exempt position that will report to a Lending Team Manager. The Loan Officer is the first point of contact for prospective Accion borrowers. Loan Officers are responsible for generating client leads, making loans, maintaining portfolio quality, connecting clients to resources that support their success and providing outstanding customer service to existing, past and prospective clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet quarterly loan production and technical assistance goals as assigned by manager.
- Work closely with clients to ensure client satisfaction throughout the loan application process.
- Sell the loan and follow-up regularly according to policy; effectively retain renewal clients and convert potential clients into borrowers.
- Obtain information and documentation for individuals that qualify for a loan
- Ensure quality control of all data entry and provide friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful customer service to our clients’ inquiries about Accion’s loan program and requirements.
- Interview prospective borrowers and assess their ability and willingness to repay a loan.
- Analyze the information and documentation provided by the client, determine if the client qualifies for a loan and, if so, make a recommendation for approval
- Meet with clients at loan closings, ensuring that all paperwork is accurate and that information regarding loan is properly disclosed to client
- Identify, initiate and manage strategic community partnerships that increase quality referrals from entities such as financial institutions, nonprofit organizations, government agencies, accountants, lawyers and business officers.
- Represent Accion at networking events, seminars, and conferences; frequently presenting our mission and services
- Develop, organize, and conduct workshops at Accion and/or in conjunction with community partners positioning our organization as a leader in alternative financing.
- Support Public Relations with client success stories.
- Work with clients on a one-on-one basis to deliver a range of financial education services targeted to their individual needs. These include recordkeeping assistance, cash-flow management, credit management, and referrals to other organizations. Refer to other organizations when appropriate.
- Ensure strong loan performance, including on time payments. Assist with collections calls to delinquent clients.
- Take a participative and active role in the overall implementation of the Accion program.
- Represent Accion Chicago’s core values, to internal staff and external clients, partners and other stakeholders
- BA required
- Spanish language fluency preferred
- 3 years of related experience, lending, accounting, or sales experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office—Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with various CRM applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to work collaboratively in a rapidly changing and diverse environment
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends when the need arises
- Experience in economic or community development recommended
- Valid driver’s license required
Compensation package commensurate with experience and includes a base salary in the low-to-mid $30Ks and an incentive bonus. Benefits package includes: health, dental, ST/LT disability and life insurance; domestic partner coverage; paid vacation, sick and parental leave; SIMPLE IRA with matching funds; flexible spending accounts and more.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter declaring their interest and qualifications to email@example.com.
Accion is an equal opportunity company. Minorities are encouraged to apply.