As part of Crain’s Small Business Week, we hosted an event, How to Launch Your Startup, at the Oak Park Public Library. It was a great success! We had more than 50 entrepreneurs in the room who heard from a series of speakers about financing, legal advice, marketing, business plans, and best practices for startup businseses. We are really proud of the level of engagement and the high caliber of information that was presented.
The speakers included:
- Writing a Business Plan for Your Startup: Meg Herman, Director of Entrepreneurial Services at the Women’s Business Development Center
- Legal Advice for Your Startup: Michael Schlesinger, Director of the Business Enterprise Law Clinic, Adjunct Professor of Law at The John Marshall Law School
- Marketing Your Startup: Jacqueline Camacho-Ruiz, Make it happen! Director, Author and Speaker of JJR Marketing
- How to Get Money for Your Startup: Alex Felton, Loan Officer at Accion Chicago
- Lessons Learned from a Small Business Owner: Vernita Johnson, Owner of DLV Printing
We want to send a huge thank you to these presenters, our partners at the Oak Park Public Library, and our generous sponsor, U.S. Bank, for helping us finance this event. We cannot do our work without you.